Effective: March 9, 2023
The term “personal information” means information, alone or in combination, from which a natural personal can be identified. We do not knowingly collect “sensitive” or “special categories” of personal information, such as medical or health-related information.
Mediar Therapeutics is a preclinical stage biotechnology company developing therapeutics to halt, or even reverse, fibrosis. Our Site is intended to provide visitors with information about our company, our research initiatives, and our products in development.
MEDICAL ADVICE DISCLAIMER
Any information made available through the Site or in our communications with you is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images and information, contained on or available through the Site or in our communications with you is for general information purposes only. We make no representation and assume no responsibility for the accuracy of information contained on or available through the Site or in our communications with you, and such information is subject to change without notice. You are encouraged to confirm any information obtained from or through the Site or in our communications with you with other sources and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician.
NEVER DISREGARD PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE OR DELAY SEEKING MEDICAL TREATMENT BECAUSE OF SOMETHING YOU HAVE READ ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SITE OR IN OUR COMMUNICATIONS WITH YOU. IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, CALL YOUR DOCTOR OR YOUR LOCAL EMERGENCY NUMBER FOR IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ASSISTANCE.
A. Information You Provide to Us.
Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you email us (at firstname.lastname@example.org), we will receive your name, email address, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other personal or other information you choose to provide. If you contact us by telephone, we will collect your name and telephone number.
B. Information We Collect Automatically When You Visit Our Site.
Location Information. When you use our Site, we infer your general location information (for example, your internet protocol (IP) address may indicate your more general geographic region).
Device Information. We receive information about the device and software you use to access our Site, including IP address, web browser type, operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, application installations, and device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, and push notification tokens.
Usage Information. To help us understand how you use our Site and to help us improve it, we automatically receive information about your interactions with our Site, like the pages or other content you view, the searches you conduct, your comments, any content you provide to us, and the dates and times of your visits.
Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We collect information using cookies, pixel tags, or similar technologies. We may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different services. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to our Site.
The following cookies are implemented on the Site:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide the Site. For example, they are used to authenticate and identify returning users.
- Performance and Functionality Cookies: These cookies provide statistical information on site usage, such as web analytics. They also help us to personalize and enhance your online experience.
We do not deploy cookies to conduct online targeted advertising on the Site or on third party websites.
Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. See also www.allaboutcookies.org to learn how to disable cookies on your browser or otherwise opt out of cookies. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from the Site, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Site to their fullest potential.
We use Google Analytics to help us manage and improve the Site. Google provides a Browser Add-On that allows you to opt-out by downloading and installing the add-on for your web browser, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
C. Information We Receive from Third Parties.
Background Checks. We work with third party partners to perform background checks on people who apply for a job with us and receive publicly available information such as criminal history and education verification.
D. How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect:
- To provide, maintain, improve, and enhance our Site;
- To understand and analyze how you use our Site and develop new products, services, features, and functionality;
- To evaluate and process your job application, if you choose to apply for a job with us;
- To find and prevent fraud, and respond to trust and safety issues that may arise;
- To protect our rights or interests or the rights and interests of others;
- For compliance purposes, including enforcing our legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency;
- With your consent; and
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time the information is collected.
We do not use your personal information for any automated decision-making process, including profiling, which may produce a legal effect concerning you or similarly significantly affect you.
We may combine the information we receive from and about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect through the Site as well as information collected offline or from third party sources to help us tailor our communications to you and to improve our Site.
E. How We Share the Information We Collect
We share the information we collect with the following third parties:
- Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers retained in connection with the provision of our Site. These third parties are contractually obligated to keep your personal information secure and cannot use or share your personal information for other purposes.
- As Required by Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your information if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: (a) comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (b) respond to your requests; or (c) protect your, our, or others’ rights, property, or safety.
- Consent. We may also disclose information from or about you or your devices with your permission.
F. Our Legal Basis
We have a lawful basis for our processing of your personal information, including processing for our legitimate interests (when balanced against your rights and freedoms), to fulfill our obligations to you under a contract with you, required by law or with your consent, as described below:
- Legitimate Interests. We will process your personal information as necessary for our legitimate interests. Our legitimate interests are balanced against your rights and freedoms, and we do not process your personal information if your rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests. Our legitimate interests may include safeguarding our IT infrastructure and intellectual property.
- As Required by Law. We may also process your personal information when we are required or permitted to by law; to comply with government inspections, audits, and other valid requests from government or other public authorities; to respond to legal process such as subpoenas.
- To Protect Ourselves or Others. We may process your Personal Data as necessary for us to protect our interests or otherwise pursue our legal rights and remedies (for instance, when necessary to prevent or detect fraud, attacks against our network, or other criminal and tortious activities), defend litigation, and manage complaints or claims.
G. Choices and Rights
We collect minimal personal information about you. However, applicable data protection laws may nonetheless provide you with certain rights with regards to our processing of your personal information, including:
- Access your personal information held by us;
- Know more about how we process your personal information;
- Correct inaccurate personal information and, taking into account the purpose of processing the personal information, ensure it is complete;
- Erase or delete your personal information (also referred to as the right to be forgotten), to the extent permitted by law;
- Restrict our processing of your personal information, to the extent permitted by law;
- Transfer your personal information to another party (right to “data portability”), to the extent possible;
- Object to any processing of your personal information;
- Opt out of certain disclosures of your personal information to third parties;
- Not be discriminated against for exercising these rights; and
- Withdraw your consent at any time (to the extent we base processing on consent), without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on such consent before its withdrawal.
You may exercise any of the above rights by contacting us through any of the methods listed in the contact information below. If you contact us to exercise any of the foregoing rights, we may ask you for additional information to verify your identity. We reserve the right to limit or deny your request if you have failed to provide sufficient information to verify your identity or to satisfy our legal and business requirements. Please note that if you make unfounded, repetitive, or excessive requests (as determined in our reasonable discretion) to access your personal information, you may be charged a fee subject to a maximum set by applicable law.
If we send you promotional or marketing messages, you will be able to opt out of receiving our marketing or promotional email communications by using the “Unsubscribe” feature at the bottom of each email from us or by requesting to opt out by emailing us at email@example.com. Please note that you cannot opt out of receiving transactional communications from us regarding services you request, any account with us or other transactional or administrative issues.
We will not collect, use, or disclose your personal information in any ways or for any purposes that are materially different from those set forth herein. However, if we wish to do so in the future, we will obtain your consent first, and offer you the choice to opt out of such proposed collection, use, or disclosure.
H. California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who provide us with personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us, one time per calendar year, information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses.
If you are a California resident and you have questions about our practices with respect to sharing information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes and your ability to exercise choice, please send your request to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the mailing address provided below.
Please put the text “Your California Privacy Rights” in the subject field of your e-mail or include it in your writing if you choose to write to us at the designated mailing address. You must include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. We will respond to you at your mailing address or, at our option, your email address. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
We do not sell, share or otherwise disclose personal information to third parties for commercial purposes under the California Consumer Privacy Act (as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act). We also do not engage in cross-contextual online advertising.
We do not currently honor browsers’ Do Not Track signals on the Site.
I. Links to Third Parties
J. Security and Retention
We make reasonable efforts to protect your information by using appropriate physical, administrative and electronic safeguards designed to improve the security of the information we maintain. However, as our Site is hosted electronically, we can make no guarantees as to the security or privacy of your information.
We may retain your personal information for the following reasons and periods of time:
- to provide a requested service;
- for as long as necessary to comply with any legal requirement;
- on our backup and disaster recovery systems in accordance with our backup and disaster recovery policies and procedures;
- for as long as necessary to protect our legal interests or otherwise pursue our legal rights and remedies; and
- for information that has been aggregated or otherwise rendered anonymous in such a manner that you are no longer identifiable, indefinitely.
K. Children’s Privacy
L. International Visitors
Our Site is hosted in the United States and intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Site from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from US law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the United States to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Site. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Site, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing in the United States.
M. Pose a Question
O. Contact Information
Mediar Therapeutics is responsible for processing your information. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our processing activities, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at:
Mediar Therapeutics, Inc.
238 Main Street
Cambridge, MA 02142